Sunday, May 29, 2011

Urban Decay : Naked Palette

Okay..after lot of thinking and reading other blogs, I finally caved in and ordered the much talked about Urban Decay Naked Palette from BeautyBay 3 weeks ago. And since the day it was dispatched(10th May) I would check my post everyday in hope to find it waiting for me. So my joys knew no bounds when I found "Sorry, we missed you note" from Australia Post on 25th May.

The treat I had been waiting for so long has finally arrived.





I confess that when I opened the palette, I went 'Meh' with the colors..I had eyeshadows all over my collection which were common to my the ones in Naked.

But,boy, I was in for surprise when I swatched it. Its almost butter smooth and with awesome pigmentation.
The swatches below are taken without any primer. Also they last over 10 hours without any creasing with UDPP as the base.



L to R :
  •          Virgin : I couldn't think of an appropriate description :-(
  •          Sin : Highlight shade with hint of pink
  •          Naked : Matte light brown, perfect for blending
  •          Sidecar : Frosty brown shade


 L to R : 
  •          Buck : Matte medium brown
  •          Half Baked : Copper color with hint of gold
  •          Smog : Medium copper brown
  •          Darkhorse : Dark chocolate brown


L to R :

  •          Toasted : Metallic Copper with hint of rose
  •          Hustle : Brown color with strong plum hints
  •          Creep :(what a name for e/shadow) its a shimmery black
  •          Gun Metal : Shimmery silver with shades of blue


I know most blogs have already reviewed this in detail but I just want to add that this palette is all a neutral lover needs to have.

The only thing which I didn't like...the velvet packaging..but I guess thats just me

4 comments:

  1. Love all the shades <3
    btw I'm holding a giveaway:
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/05/cob-700-followers-giveaway_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shades look great. This is on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ the shades. Following you.
    Do follow me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rakshanda, Danni, Gauri : Thanks !!. I think every girl who likes neutral shades should have one of this

    ReplyDelete